Tuesday, July 15, 2014

O Captain, My Tek

***  O Captain, My Tek.


O Captain! My Captain! The ALCS are done;The team has weather’d every rack, the pennant we sought is won;The trophy is near, the crowds I hear, the fans all exulting,Papelbon’s eyes a steady keel, the pitcher sober and daring.But O Tek! Tek! Tek!O the uniforms of red,Where in the bullpen Beckett lies,The game’s score’s ahead.







O Captain! My Captain! Rise up and catch the balls;Rise up – by you the game is won – for you the nation calls;For you champagne and lots of beer – For you Fenway’s a-crowded.For you they call, the cheering mass, their faithful faces painted;Hear Captain! Varitek!This hat upon your head;Is it some miracle that we’re on deck,And we are runs ahead?

My captain does not strike out, his hits are always neat;My Tek, he does not drop the ball, the perfect athlete;Our team is stable, safe and sound, its voyage almost done;Our fearful trip, the championship, should end when we have won;Exult, O crowds, and play, O Tessie!But Rockies, with sad eyes,Walk the field where my captain plays,Cheering, the score ahead.






***Clearly this was written in the style of Walt Whitman's famous poem, 'O Captain, My Captain'. Please tell me most of you didn't need me to tell you that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment